Google
 
Web marketoperator.blogspot.com
ThinkExist.com Quotes

Monday, September 18, 2006

Rants & Raves

My favorite section of craigslist. LOL. In the news is the hedge fund Amaranth based in my old hometown of Stamford, CT. It's a multi-strategy fund that is down 35% due to losses in natural gas. I phone interviewed with those guys earlier in the year, needless to say I didn't get the job. Maybe I could've prevented this disaster.....wishfull thinking ;) Some of the traders around here were hungirly looking at their holdings, with the idea that they may have to liquidate. Markets are what's known as Marked to Market, Amaranth would've received margin calls much earlier and liquidating way before they released this information. Not a bad idea but I don't think there's much there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home